Old March 27th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I Need a Plan "B"

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
I hope it works for you, Sherry! Never had any experiences with armadillos
and I must say this story fascinated me!
Christine
wrote in message

They looke like little armor-plated pigs, and they also root around like
pigs. Unlike pigs, they also dig huge burrows underground as their sleeping
quarters. So, that's a good spot to start on for trapping. As Sherry
learned, they are remarkably fast and agile for something that looks so
awkward.

I'm glad Howard mentioned that they can be carriers of leprosy. I meant to
include that in my message and forgot -- so I would want a good bath after
touching one, even though the possibility of cross-contamination apparently
isn't very great.

My motion-detector light kept going on and off the last few nights, so I was
afraid I had another one. I would go into the sunroom (at that point, a
"nightroom"?) and look around the lighted area but couldn't find anything.
Finally, last night, I saw it -- a raccoon sitting under the bird feeder and
picking seeds up from the ground. I have my feeders firmly attached to the
pole with a bolt that goes through the metal pole. Otherwise, the raccoons
will pull a feeder down and sometimes will drag it off. It took me 3 days
to find one that had been dragged deep into the azaleas.

MaryL