Old September 1st 14, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Last night

On 8/31/2014 3:22 PM, Joy wrote:
I never thought I’d be thrilled to be waked up from a sound sleep in the
middle of the night, but that happened last night. About 1:30 a.m. I
woke to the feeling of my feet being repeatedly pounced on and batted. I
lay there for a couple of minutes, wishing Pickles would settle down and
other pillow. Koala played with my feet for 10 or 15 minutes. Then he
laid down on the opposite corner of the bed for a while. I shifted
position and he jumped down, but a couple minutes later he came up again
and laid against my feet for a minute or two. I was thrilled because
that’s the first time he’s ever approached me in any way.

Early this morning he woke me again. This time he had tried to jump on
the bed. However, my bent knees just happened to be in the spot where
he jumped, so he slid onto the ground. Instead of running away, he sat
in the doorway and looked at me for a long time.

Joy

Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

I wrote the above yesterday. Last night was even better. Koala didn't
wait for me to turn off the light. I always lie in bed reading for a
while first. While I was reading, Koala came up and attacked my feet.
He even batted my hand once. It was on top of the covers, and he had
his claws out, so I jerked it away, but it was still pretty bold of him.

He still won't let me get to close to him during the daytime, but if I
sidle, rather than walking forward, go slowly, and don't go directly to
him, I can get within a couple of feet.

He and Pickles seem to have settled into a big sister-little brother
relationship. He pesters her until she hisses or slaps him, but they
are often fairly close to each other with no problems at all.

At one point I was walking out of the room just as he started to enter
it. When he saw me, it was like a cartoon, with legs flying in all
directions as he did a 180 and ran from the room.

Joy