Old September 3rd 14, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Default Last night

On 03.09.14 2:37, toci wrote:
On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:24:17 PM UTC-5, Joy wrote:
On 9/2/2014 4:33 PM, lid wrote:

Joy wrote:

On 9/1/2014 1:15 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

In article , Joy

wrote:

On 8/31/2014 3:22 PM, Joy wrote:

I never thought I'd be thrilled to be waked up from a sound sleep in

the middle of the night, but that happened last night. About 1:30

a.m. I woke to the feeling of my feet being repeatedly pounced on and

batted. I lay there for a couple of minutes, wishing Pickles would

settle down and go back to sleep. Then I turned my head and saw

Pickles lying on the other pillow. Koala played with my feet for 10

or 15 minutes. Then he laid down on the opposite corner of the bed

for a while. I shifted position and he jumped down, but a couple

minutes later he came up again and laid against my feet for a minute

or two. I was thrilled because that's the first time he's ever

approached me in any way.

Early this morning he woke me again. This time he had tried to jump

on the bed. However, my bent knees just happened to be in the spot

where he jumped, so he slid onto the ground. Instead of running away,

he sat in the doorway and looked at me for a long time.

Joy

Joy Unlimited Colorful Crocheted Critters Photos at

http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

I wrote the above yesterday. Last night was even better. Koala didn't

wait for me to turn off the light. I always lie in bed reading for a

while first. While I was reading, Koala came up and attacked my feet.

He even batted my hand once. It was on top of the covers, and he had

his claws out, so I jerked it away, but it was still pretty bold of him.

He still won't let me get to close to him during the daytime, but if I

sidle, rather than walking forward, go slowly, and don't go directly to

him, I can get within a couple of feet.

He and Pickles seem to have settled into a big sister-little brother

relationship. He pesters her until she hisses or slaps him, but they

are often fairly close to each other with no problems at all.

At one point I was walking out of the room just as he started to enter

it. When he saw me, it was like a cartoon, with legs flying in all

directions as he did a 180 and ran from the room.

Joy

--

Wow! That really is brilliant. I would think that thrilled is a bit of an

understatement. With Pickles accepting him too. It really is good.

Koala is realising he may have landed on his paws when he got you.

Judith

Yes, I'm feeling really good about the situation. He was playing while I

was eating lunch. I always sit in my recliner in the living room to eat.

When I finished, I got a toy on a string, and got him to play with it.

I sat in my chair, and he played all around it. Finally, he grabbed the

toy and ran off with it. In a few minutes he came back. He actually

bapped my feet a couple of times. He also watched very carefully a

little later when I was giving Pickles skritches and tummy rubs. I get

more hopeful all the time.

I love reading these updates. :-)

Thank you. I thought we'd had a setback yesterday. My gardener game,

with his noisy machines. While he was here some friends of mine came

over to help me with a computer problem. Both cats disappeared. They

didn't even come out for the treats they usually receive when I'm fixing

my dinner. Finally, about 9:30, while I was watching TV, Pickles came

out, but there was no sign of Koala.

However, when I got up to go into another room, Koala was on his bed,

rather than under it. After I got into bed, he hardly waited until I

settled down before he jumped up and attacked my feet. He played with

them until I turned the light out. Then he started walking on my legs.

He came up as far as my hip and sat down for a minute. He played with

my feet several times during the night. This morning he was very much

evident, and did a lot of playing in the living room while I was having

my breakfast.

He still hasn't let me touch him, though. I really want that for two

reasons - the obvious one, and the fact that his claws are getting long

enough to need trimming. No way I could trim them now. I hope he lets

me touch him, then gets used to it, soon, so I can trim them.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters