Old August 15th 18, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Hi again

On 2018-08-14 8:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/14/2018 4:56 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:
I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I
just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out
a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat,
growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top ofÂ* my bedside locker and
Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I've never had more than one cat at a time.Â* I can tell you, both Persia
(RB) and Buffy *yowl* if they even catch sight of another cat.Â* It's a
horrific sound.Â* You'd think banshees were after them!

I've always had two at a time except for intervals between the time one
died and I found another. The degree to which they get on varies, but
I've never encountered rivalry like that between Cinnamon and Kerry.
They've settled down enough so that they will be in the same room
together - if I'm there. If I'm not, Cinnamon rules the bedroom and
Kerry the living area, with the litter boxes in the oversized closet in
between described in the ad for the place as a second bedroom. And
during all those months and months of initial drama, I couldn't bring
myself to get rid of either of them - poor Cinnamon, an elderly cat
who's been with me for years or Kerry, a skinny little thing I suppose I
could have returned to the shelter, but I got attached, you know how it
is, and the shelter has lots of cats, often more than they can find
homes for. And eventually they more or less settled down, but they don't
curl up together or groom each other.

--
Cheryl