Old July 24th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default We've moved!

Caroline S. wrote:
A little over a month ago, we relocated from Virginia USA to Oregon
USA, from right coast to left coast. DH's employer promoted him, which
came with a relocation. I've got a new job that allows me to work
from home (the cats sleep all day, go figure, except when I need to be
on the phone with a client, whereupon they yowl and play fight.
LOUDLY.).

We are in a temp housing apartment for the moment, but found a house
that we will be moving into in about 3 weeks. I won't mention the
ordeal of selling our VA house. At least we finally got an offer on
it.

The trip out was memorable, and mercifully brief (in hindsight). We
flew. I had boarded the cats for the 2 days the movers were in packing
and loading. I picked them up the day of the flight, Pippin peed in
his carrier on the way to the airport. At the airport, we had to do
the special check-in with the cats. You should have seen my face when
the TSA agent said "Now take the cat out so we can inspect the
carrier." So there I was, holding a pee-soaked, terrified Pippin (who
fortunately was too scared to panic) in a very crowded and noisy
airport while TSA made sure that I hadn't packed the carrier with
explosives. Sheesh. Our flight was delayed by almost an hour, but we
made it to Oregon very late that night (our two DDs did really well).

We've recovered from that, and have settled in as much as one can in a
dwelling with only a few of our own things in it.

The cats have benefitted in one way: I went to the local craft store
the other day to get stuff for the girls, and came home with arm loads
of things like small pompoms, beads, pipe cleaners, feathers... The
girls have learned that it's more fun to watch the cats play with
"their" things than it is to fuss about the cat having stolen a
pompom.

Purrs and hugs to all who need them.

Caroline S. and Pippin and Mithu

Congratulations on a smooth? move! I can't believe that the TSA made you
take out the cat at the risk of losing Pippin, for gosh sakes. Like you
stuck a bomb up his butt?

I love Oregon, I hope you do, too. Good luck!

kili