Old February 16th 05, 12:32 PM
wafflycat

"trishy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there i have a little maine coone and when i took her to the vet
the lady there said ohhh you have a maine coon. I didnt know what she
was talking about.hehe.Then she showed me the little M on her face. I
had never noticed it before. I was just wondering is that a thing that
all maine coons have?? Another thing is KissPurr (don't laugh at her
name all she does is kisses and purrs) lol
does not have really long hair so is she still considered a Maine
Coone? Any will her fur get longer over time??
Thanks in advanced for your help

Your cat is only a Maine Coon if it has the pedigree papers to prove it.
That doesn't mean to say it doesn't look like a Maine Coon. Cats with tabby
markings, pedigree or not, tend to have the 'M' on the forehead. My plain
old feral rescue tabby has a very well-defined 'M' on his forehead.

Cheers, helen s