Old March 24th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I AM SO STRESSED

"Karen" wrote in message
OK, on top of all the mystery pain SH*T, monday my laptop died in the
middle of a raging blizzard with a class waiting for me. I went into the
raging blizzard to my "day job" office 1/2 mile away and was lucky to make
it back. I had to buy a new iBook Tuesday. I had my CT scan this a.m. and
I suppose it will be MONDAY before I hear anything. And tonight Sugar
threw up a hairball, OK, fine no big deal. Two hours later she began
meowing manically and growled when I picked her up from hiding under the
bed. I rushed her to the emergency vet and her blood work showed the same
thing as back in January suggesting she was mounting some kind of
infection. They gave her a shot of baytril to see if we can get a head
start on it. She is home, looking miserable but at least she is looking
miserable on the couch and not under the bed. I AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT
NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people probably have a lot more to be
stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

Well, I prefer the chemical solutions to really bad bad days. When anxiety
has a head start. Especially when its the end of the day and there just
isn't enough time to use gentler ways of unwinding.

Honest I don't take them very often, but I do have a prescription for Serax.
Back when I had to deal I called them my IRS pills. Or my MIL pills as the
case may be.

Granted a martini would be the drug of choice for many but I don't tolerate
alcohol well and it isn't a great way to show up for an IRS audit.

If I wake up feeling that stressed for no particularly good reason, I will
go out of my way to be nice to myself that day. (And alone if possible for
the sake of everyone concerned) I don't like to shop, but I'll go for a
drive, either out in the country or in a really fancy neighborhood. Take my
camera to the lake and take pictures. Or my very favorite, get my hair
done. Its strange. I do not like a massage. But I just love to have my
hair washed. The guy who does my hair will usually find time for me if I
ask nicely. He knows its my version of therapy.

Jo