Old October 17th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Cat Sitting (again)

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
Last time the neighbor asked me to cat-sit I wound up in the hospital!
Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.

I'll be making sure Schwartzy and Fedders are fed and watered and clean
their litterbox. They are indoor/outdoor cats but she particularly
said she needs me to make sure Schwartzy is inside at night. I don't
exactly know how I'm supposed to do that since he usually hides. I'll
do my best! Wish me luck.

Jill

Suggestion: Tell those pussy cats they are now housecats. If you don't
let them out you will not have the worry of getting them back in. The
cats will adjust just fine. Best wishes. MLB

Absolutely not. Cats who are used to indoor/outdoor will not adjust
"just fine" to being kept in all the time for the convenience of a
temporary caretaker - and besides, if I'd asked someone to look after my
cats I'd expect them to "do it like me" (like June does)

Tweed

Worked for me and the cat was safe!

Pffft. If I asked a neighbour to look after my indoor/outdoor cat and they
kept it in all the time I was away to cover themselves for it to be safe I
would be *more* than annoyed.

Tweed