Old October 19th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Cat Sitting (again)

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
Last time the neighbor asked me to cat-sit I wound up in the
hospital! Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.

I'll be making sure Schwartzy and Fedders are fed and watered
and clean their litterbox. They are indoor/outdoor cats but
she particularly said she needs me to make sure Schwartzy is
inside at night. I don't exactly know how I'm supposed to do
that since he usually hides. I'll do my best! Wish me luck.

Jill
Suggestion: Tell those pussy cats they are now housecats. If
you don't let them out you will not have the worry of getting
them back in. The cats will adjust just fine. Best wishes.
MLB
Absolutely not. Cats who are used to indoor/outdoor will not
adjust "just fine" to being kept in all the time for the
convenience of a temporary caretaker - and besides, if I'd asked
someone to look after my cats I'd expect them to "do it like me"
(like June does)

Tweed
Worked for me and the cat was safe!

Pffft. If I asked a neighbour to look after my indoor/outdoor cat
and they kept it in all the time I was away to cover themselves
for it to be safe I would be *more* than annoyed.

Tweed

You are looking at this from a different perspective. I have been
a city dweller

all my life and have seen many, many smashed cats. I would never
be comfortable letting my cat, or my neighbor's cat roam while
under my care.

This is not the case here, is it? I assume that if Jill's neighbour
is happy to let her cats out, then it is safe for them. As it is
for mine.
If I asked someone to look after my cats who were used to going out
and they shut them in the whole time I would not be best pleased and
neither would the cats.
Rat patrol would be out for Boyfie and he'd have to use a
litterbox - he hates that, only an emergency would make him do it.
Like if he was shut in and couldn't get out..

Tweed

That's why we have to board our three if we are going away, in Kayla's
case even overnight. They are so used to going out, but I wouldn't
trust anyone else to keep track of them when they are out. Or anyone
else to be able to keep them in if they are determined to go out.

I've just figured out that the nice place I like to board the cats is
less than a half mile from where my younger daughter lives. Jake and
Molly will not be happy, but it means I can take them there one at a
time on the days I watch my granddaughter and leave them to get baths.
Molly loves the place, doesn't care for the baths. Jake doesn't mind
the baths, but hates the place.

Jo