Old July 14th 12, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Feline jealousy

"Bill Graham" weg9 comcast.net wrote:

FragSinatra wrote:

Mage, a medium sized orange tabby, is very jealous. He doesn't
like it when anyone pets Zero, a more lithe black cat. He'll
deliberately get up and go over to where anyone is petting Zero
as well as come from anywhere in the house if he hears someone
petting Zero. This means Zero doesn't get a lot of attention
because if he meows for attention inevitably jealous,
green-eyed Mage shows up. What ends up happening is Zero
usually ends up running away. Is this usual behaviour in
multi-cat households?

No.

Apparently it's usual behavior in multiple reply threads...

And it's definitely not uncommon behavior among cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_byYH1RlU&feature=plcp

"Oreo gets upset when I pet Fat cat"

I didn't even search for that, it's from one of my subscriptions.

--

Mine take tyrns on the lap. If one is on it, the others won't bother
them... The bed too... Usually only one at a time there too. The females

From: "Bill Graham" weg9 comcast.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Feline jealousy
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:51:09 -0700