Old November 10th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default How lazy is he?

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message
Jake is unbelievable. This morning he went out for his morning
constitutional. Then went over and flopped down into his usual
sunny spot under the orange tree. Only due to the changing season,
it was still in the shade. The sun was only a few feet away. But
he laid there and looked disgruntled and waited for the sun to come
to him rather than moving.

That's so funny.
KFC loves the sun - and we've had hardly any here this year. She is
prepared to haul herself claw by claw up the wall in my conservatory
to perch where just one ray will shine on her.
I always wish I had my camera handy when she is doing it. It's
pretty unbelievable that such an old ladycat can do this, but she
can!
She can do pretty well do everything she wants to do, actually.

When she was ill and a bit demented she was able to scale a 3 metre
fence (6ft 6 inches) to get away from this awful house and it drove
me mad trying to keep her in and presenting at any neighbour's house
as a neglected cat. She thought any house was her home and I don't
blame my neighbours for thinking she was a sick kitten and taking
her to the vet.

The vet sorted her out. She was ill. KFC never moves much from
beside the fire now and why should she?

Tweed

I lit the fire yesterday. It wasn't that cold, just a slight early
morning chill with the door open a bit for Kayla.

Molly went into immediate and all day domestic cat mode. There is a
large ottoman in front of the raised hearth. Not the ideal place for
that bit of furniture, but it does get the cats to sleep far enough
from the actual fire that they don't get singed. Molly curled up
there and stayed for the entire day. She looked so pleased I left the
fire all day.

This morning she curled up on me, I suspect her way of asking for the
fire again.

Jo