Old February 8th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Has anyone got more news of Anti Heather?

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:48:02 -0800 (PST), Mishi
wrote:

On Feb 7, 9:37*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:21:44 -0800 (PST), rafflescat

wrote:
Has anykitty heard anymore about Anti Heather and thu kittiez? Meomie
wooked up dat hobbril Calicivirus and wese horrified! We hope fings ar
gettin bedder fur dem - Anti Heather *will be wurried off da face of
da earth. Meomie has no way of contaktin hur ennymore an she wants tu
send hur best wishes.

Gordon Kittiez

I hope the kitties are OK.

Sending purrs for them, and Anti Heather.

Can someone pass this info along to her? Dr. Pitcairn's book says to
add 250 mg of vitamin C to their foods, at least once a day (need to
check on frequency, maybe several times a day). It helps them throw
off whatever virus they are sick with. They do have a vaccine for it,
but since there are several different strains it may not protect them
100%, but give them a better chance of throwing it off if they get it.

I can sympathize with Anti Heather - several years ago I had a couple
of my female cats spayed, and they brought back a virus from the vets.
By the time we got things cleared, I had lost 10 cats and kittens.

Purrs still coming from my house!
Mishi

250 mg of Vitamin C is LOT of vitamin C, for a small animal like a cat!

Minimum daily requirement for a human is only 60mg/day

Humans simply excrete 'extra' vitamin C in urine.

I hope it's the same for cats: their metabolism is so different from
humans, and canines.