Old July 18th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default I miss my Mutt

Thanks Granby...I know OT is your Heart Kitty", and Mutt was Dutch's.
I loved Mutt so much too, but he was Dutch's Velcro Kitty as well as his
Heart Kittty"
Mosey is 'my' Heart Kitty"
Love
Kyla
--crying
"Granby"
Dutch. A new term I learned from Dan on this group is "Heart Kitty".
Most of us have one at one time or another. You love them all but
sometimes one is so special. When they leave for the bridge it is so
painful. We just have to live in the hope that we will see them aging one
day and beyond that, we just have to go on. Sorry you heart hurts so bad
but, the alternative is to never take another kitten into your home and
take a chance on getting hurt again. For most of us, that is not an
option. When one is sent our way, we welcome it in and take our chances.
"Baron Mind"
Hi. I have never posted to this group before, but my wife Kyla has
posted much and you may have read her posts. We have always had kitties
and they have been our guardian angels.

We have had some very special kitties over the years. One of the most
unique was a stray we named Waldo, but his nickname was Mutt. That is
what we always called him. He became my best friend for 17 years. He
was a polydactyl with big feet and extra toes. He always made us smile..

Boy, did we bond! He would climb up on me all the time and cling so
tight we would call him Velcro Kitty. I could walk around the house and
do chores with him attached to my shoulder.

He brought so much joy and love into our home. We also called him Love
Sponge because he could never get enough affection. He would hate it
when I left the house and was always very happy when I returned.

He crossed the bridge last December and we were so sad, but kitties do
come into our lives and then go away. We have been owned by so many
kitties over the years, but it is always hard to say goodbye to them.

We still have 4 kitties. They are good kitties and we love them, but
none are as special as Mutt. He was my best friend.

I love my Mutt. I miss him so much. It has been seven months since he
left us. I was doing okay adjusting to his parting, but for some reason
I have been filled with great sadness for the last month, missing my
sweet Mutt. I cry every day.

I am writing this post, hoping that it will make me feel better, hoping
that is will relieve some of my grief. I know many of you have also had
to say goodbye to your best friends. It is never easy, is it?

A friend of mine told me that our kitties in heaven speak well of us to
other cats.

Purrs and prayers for my sweet Mutt. I will never stop loving him, but I
hope I can stop crying soon.

Mutt's best friend,
Dutch