Old May 4th 05, 02:06 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Default Interview update

We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the interview
on time.

I need to clean out my ears. Every time I called the place to work out
the interview schedule I thought they were calling the place "Abbott".
When I got there I saw that they are Avid - THE microchip folks, the
ones who basically invented the technology 20 years ago. I was very
surprised to learn that the worldwide headquarters (they also have
plants in England and Spain) is right there in Norco, CA - horse country.

I felt that the interview went very well. They are primarily a Linux
house (Linux is my favorite OS), and the software manager is almost as
anti-Microsoft as I am. He's about my age and has much of the same
background, and weemed pleased with my eclectic background.

They will be reviewing resumes and interview notes this week and at the
end of the week they will invite some people back for a second round of
interviews. I sincerely to be one of those invited back. It just so
happens that I have a standing home time request for the week of May 9,
so I would be home and available for interviews early that week. I made
sure to mention to the interviewers that I believed I could make
immediate contributions to their DP needs, and that I would be very
interested in working for a company in their field.

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.