Old February 8th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Default How to stop one cat from using the wrong litter box?

Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:24:07 -0500 from Matthew
:

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:57:11 -0500 from ---MIKE---
:
You really should have a third box for two cats.

I can understand two, but THREE? Why? Is this some house where you
have to pack food and water to get from one end to the other?

Stan some cats like to use one box for #1 and another box for #2 rule of
the game you should have at least 2 boxes per cat but 3 for two is
understandable

Thanks for the response. I can see the point to the rule of thumb,
but that's not the same as categorical statement. Some cats -- many
cats, though I don't know if it's a majority -- are quite happy with
one litter box. My present cat is, for example. For a couple of
decades I had various pairs of indoor cats, and they happily shared a
litter box. Obviously it's important to keep it cleaned out. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...