Old May 12th 19, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Fangu, Lucy Lu! Dere's so many yummy fings on da boofay table...

[As Sammy looks around happily, he sees 2 raccoons approaching. He
has seen these raccoons before, but only through the windows.]

Hihi, raccoons! You live right around here, don't you?

Tony: Hi, Sammy! Yes we do! I'm Tony, and dis is Tina. We have a den
inside da tree in your front yard. It's furry nice! It's a great
location, and it's close to friends an family, an we'z got lots of
good foods nearby, and no hoomins trying to hurt us. It's purrty
cool. Oooh, look, someone just turned on da lights on a disco ball!
Dat's beeyoutiful! We'z will haf to do some dancing.Den we can...

[Tony stops talking when Tina grabs his mouth.]

Tina: Tony, you are motor mouthing again. We talked about that,
remember? Hello, Sammy. We're glad to finally meet you. Happy
Birthday!

[Tina releases Tony's mouth and he immediately starts talking again.
Tina takes his paw and guides him towards the buffet table. Sammy
then sees a little black cat, a skinny buff cat, and a timid grey
tabby come through the door. He runs over to greet them.]

Hi guys! I know who you are just from listening to my hoomins talk.
You must be Midnight, and you must be Fred, and you must be Sarge.
I'm glad to see you could come. Please, help yourselves to the buffet
table.

[As he walks back towards the cushion he is sharing with Daisy-chan
he sees that Jocko and Big Mama have indeed rigged a disco ball, and
Ranger has set up a stereo and started some music going. Jocko and
Big Mama are dancing.]

Miss Daisy-chan, since they are playing some reasonably slow music,
would you care to dance just a little bit?

Daisy pluffs her furr nicely and takes his paw, then shifts to a samaba
in slow motion. Sammy joins in as they enter the disco ball's swirling
glitter...