Old January 18th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default Best Method for Declawing a Cat?

"eDog" wrote in message
. ..
I already trained the cats to use a scratching post. They don't scratch the
leather sofa on purpose.

I ordered SoftPaws and am expecting them to show up today. I am a little
wary of them for a couple reasons. Plastic can do a pretty good job of
scratching leather too for one thing.

When my son was learning to crawl, our cat took a swipe at his face. I
clipped the cat's claw's and got SoftPaws. The plastic is very soft, and the
cat's claws are completely encased. The cat never took a swipe at him after
that once, but if he had, my son's face would have been completely safe

Not to shift blame, but my spouse is far less understanding about cat
damage than I am.

Then maybe you need to find new homes for your cats.

A ruined sofa is going to do a lot to stress my marriage.

This has gotta be a troll.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.