View Single Post
Old March 4th 18, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster

Default I think they got another one

Upstairs in my local pub is flats- shared by Aaron, Dean and Crostin. Manager, bar man and chef respectively.

As it's a very old pub it has a rodent problem so although Aaron is allergic to cats a while back they acquired a half Bengal kitten to deal with that.. Solomon aka Solly had grown into a fine young cat who regularly demonstrates his worth by leaving evidence of his rodent killing skills where Aaron can see them and one more than one occasion stand in them!

This morning Aaron opened the door of the function room and bolted back out again with a cry of "Why is there a black cat in there?!"

Turns out Crostin has been feeding a local "feral" who started hanging round the back of the pub so Crostin left some odds and ends of chicken out for the cat. To start with the cat would stand back and watch him put it down but wouldn't approach the food until he moved away. Then it quickly got to the point said feline would wait by the door for food.

Last night was bitterly cold and Crostin saw the cat sitting outside in the snow and said "The poor thing deserves to live" and opened the door to the function room. The so-called "feral" immediately came inside and after some food and water found a hidey hole and went to sleep.

I don't think cat is a true feral.

Aaron was a bit annoyed because he got hissed at. As did Kim but that could just be the cat being shy.

Anyway Kim got some photos, a jet black semi longhair, age and gender unknown

We're all having a bet on how long before cat gets a name and his paws permanently under the table...

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs