Old July 12th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Annie Almost Caught a Bird

On Jul 11, 7:37*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Annie, the D-pet, loves to go out in the back, mainly because there's
all sorts of skwerls to chase (she leaps as high as she can at the tree
they run up as soon as the door opens - we must have the most fit-n-trim
skwerls in the county!). *Just now I let her out, and she did the skwerl
chasing bit, then headed toward a back corner of the yard. *Well, she
started sniffing at something, and then did the
jump-back-a-bit-cuz-it-moved, so I went back there to investigate, and
got dive-bombed by some Robins - as did Annie. *Seemed she had
"cornered" a fledgling robin - and Mama & Papa were doing there best to
* drive us away (and I think Aunts and Uncles, maybe even siblings, as
there were more than two birds making a ruckus). I grabbed Annie's
collar, and got between her and fledge ling, reached for it, and it
hopped-flew through some pickets on the fence to safety, but still I
took Annie inside, to let the bird family calm down.
--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

Tell Annie that Boots and Frank feel her pain. We had a swallow's nest
under the eve of the house, and the entire extended family of those 2
eggs were like the Bird Mafia. And F&B aren't that easy to
intimidate.
The babies must have learned well; they flew off today. Parents,
aunts, uncles, and cousins are gone too.

Sherry