Old November 2nd 13, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

Default Where to buy cat food online? (in USA, not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon)

"John Doe" wrote in message ...

Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.

Thanks.

If you want to know why, I want some options. Petco is cheap, but
their packaging is horrible. They throw cat food in an oversized box
with no packing material. Last 16 pound bag required patching the box
during shipment, apparently it burst. Except for that, it's great.
Maybe they should put cat food in a more appropriate size smaller
box.

~~~~~
I like Chewy.com. They have free shipping for orders over $49.00, and they
ship very quickly. Everything is always well-packed.
http://www.chewy.com/ I sometimes buy Halo's chicken Liv-A-Littles from
this source. Duffy loves it and practically inhales it. It looks about as
appetizing as pieces of styrofoam to me, but it is actually 100%
freeze-dried chicken. It needs to be refrigerated after opening.

I have also had good luck with PetFoodDirect. I registered for their
mailing list, and I always wait for a good discount via email before
ordering from them. http://www.petfooddirect.com/

Both of them offer a 15% discount if you subscribe to automatic ordering,
but I have never done that. My sister does that with PetFoodDirect, and she
has been satisfied.

Amazon.com also has some catfood. They often ship free of charge, but you
have to read the information carefully. Ironically, I often find after it
arrives that it has been shipped by PetFoodDirect.

MaryL