Old July 16th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Default identity crisis

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Since I got The Laydeez, who are, as you know, ex-battery hens, they've
produced (as of yesterday) 129 eggs between them. They do exactly what is
expected of a hen, an egg a day until the clutch is done, a day off, then
start again on another clutch. Anode, in particular, is a prolific layer,
laying for 15-17 days straight: day off - back to laying. And it would
seem my ex-batts are not unusual. So much for 'spent hens'!

Make that 130.. Anode has just laid again