Old July 20th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default identity crisis

Jofirey wrote:
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:33:14 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

I now have a cat who thinks he's a hen. He has taken to eating
their
sweetcorn. Sigh...

That *is* unusual: usually, they want it on the cob
(http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cats/happiness/corn.jpg). I
have two
others that eat sweet corn - all prefer it on the cob. None like
canned
corn.

I take it the LayDeez had a rough upbringing and are delighted with
whatever form is available.

I love these stories and keep wondering if it would be possible to
keep a few hens in my back yard. What to they need? Shelter, water,
food?

Our city expressly forbids the keeping of chickens - and is one of the
few municipalities in Canada to do so. Crazy really - I mean, we could
save money, save gas and packaging, pesticide control (not that we spray
anyway), and other good environmentally friendly things.

Do cats *ever* take a run at a chicken? I'd be slightly worried about
Otis' propensity to take down large jackrabbits. Of course, jackrabbits
don't have beaks.

Susan M
Otis and Chester