Old August 19th 05, 12:33 AM
Alison

wrote in message
oups.com...
First let me say I'm not being antagonistic, I'm just interested in

the
(apparent) culture difference between the US & the UK as regards our
feline friends.
[..]
It's interesting, do you think it's a cultural thing? How long

have
people in the US been doing these things? Perhaps it's not the

general
population, just people in cat groups As I say, I wasn't saying
that either way is right, it's just interesting how people do things
differently.

Marcia
Lord Otis's slave and minder

This makes an interesting read about the differences .
http://www.messybeast.com/indooroutdoor.htm

I think you'll find that more people in the UK are keeping cats
inside (as opposed to inside/outside)and perhaps less cats are kept
inside in North America than you would think from reading forums and
newsgroups.
I believe every situation is different and cats can be contented kept
inside. Kim has daytime outside access if she wants and spends most of
her time in the back garden in the summer and goes out very little in
the winter.
Alison