Old January 19th 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Furminated

On 1/16/2019 4:57 AM, Tina wrote:
On 26/12/2018 18:49, jmcquown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur!Â* She has a very
thick undercoat.Â* I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it!Â* I highly recommend it).Â* It was long overdue.Â* I swear
I collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this.Â* She purrs like mad.Â* Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and
dashing all over the place.Â* Apparently it feels good to lose that
excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat.Â* We live in southern South
Carolina.Â* The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her.Â* Win win.

Jill

My girls came with lots of accessories, including a Furminator.Â* I tried
it, but it ruined their coat.

So sorry to hear that. Wonder why they included it.

They are exotic shorthairs and their coat
is supposed to look like a teddy bear, a soft toy.

Yes. You do keep saying how exotic they are.

Buffy is as soft as a rabbit. She's not exotic. Just very soft.

What I have to do is groom them every day, and tease apart the undercoat
that they cannot totally maintain themselves because their coat is so
thick and comb it through. They are called "the lazy man's Persian" but
I disagree, they need a great deal of coat and eye care.Â* The Furminator
is a great tool, but it's overkill for my girls. It shouldn't be
required if you groom your cat daily.

Well, hey, I don't have to groom my cat daily. I'm not prepping her for
a cat show. She loves the Furminator and is more comfortable without
the excess undercoat. Sorry if the Furminator doesn't work for you and
yours.

Â* Not only that, I've never had a
hairball from them, apart from one two days after I got them. Exotics
shed like crazy but Zoom Grooming them daily and combing them has put a
stop to hairballs.
They love the Zoom Grooming, hate the eye care.

No need for eye care with my cat. Buffy licks her paws and washes her
face and eyes all by herself. No gunky stuff around the eyes to deal
with. No hairballs, either.

I don't care if I can't call my cat an "exotic". She's just a soft
fluffy orange moggie

Jill