Old July 13th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Ticked off, but should I be? (OT)

jmcquown wrote:

snip

I'm ticked off but I don't know if I should be. Mostly I'm just
blowing off steam, I guess. I can tell you this, she won't be doing
the 2008 taxes. I still don't know what her qualifications are. I
do know she's inexpensive which is surely why Dad chose her in the
first place over a CPA or a known tax firm. But hell, anyone can buy
a copy of TurboTax.

Dunno why you can't be both ticked off and understanding at the same time.

Anyway, not being familiar with the IRS and the US tax system, all I can
suggest is to keep everything well documented (your calls to her, you
registered letter, her response etc etc) and try to keep the IRS well
informed of what is going on - hopefully by talking to 1 paricular person (a
'caseworker'?). Our equivalent to the IRS is actually pretty reasonable,
providing it knows what is going on and that you aren't just trying to dodge
taxes. Hence, document, document, document, and keep them up to date.

Yowie