Old August 16th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Default Feline Pine Scoop Litter - Does not Scoop!

sfmary wrote:
My cat has developed a cough and the vet and thought it may be the
silica dust from the litter. The x-ray did not show anything serious.
He was given Prednisolone which helped for a while then the cough and
wheeze started up again.
I tried the wheat litter Swheat only they licked the dust off of their
feet and got loose & smelly stools.
I tried the corn litter - World's Best. Once again they licked the
dust off of their feet and got loose & smelly stools.
I tried Feline Pine pellets - not a big hit. I added it gradually as
suggested and they finally started to use it but the scooping was a
hideous chore. And they didn't like it.
Now we are on Feline Pine Scoop and the clumping is lousy. They track
it all over because it is soooo fine. I have to vacuum at least twice
a day. I have seen recommendations from users on how well it clumps. I
just don't get it.
And the cough has returned.
Both of my cats eat raw diet (Feline Instincts) with Turkey and
Wellness Super5 Mix Low Calorie. The diet solved their bowel/digestive
problems completely.
Is there a clumping cat litter without silica and no pellets?
Any ideas?
Thank you!

I'm in Canada & have 2 cats & gave up on the dusty stuff which was
aggravating my asthma. For a couple years I've been using mainly Costco's -
Simplicity Plus - very lightly scented clumping dust-free & about $8.35 US
for a 50 lb box, or right now from Sam's Club - Litter Clean - which is
lightly citrus-scented dust-free & very hard clumping, also the same price
for the large (lime green) box. Both brands are almost completely non-
tracking. My cats show no preference & always use their litter boxes (I use
covered). I like having the litter in large boxes as opposed to the bags I
used to get & don't mind lugging & storing them in the garage.
M.