Old January 7th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Another copy-cat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
I love how cats imitate the positions of those (other felines, humans,
dogs, whomever) around them:

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overl...-and-baby.html

--
Joyce ^..^

Cute photo, *except* that the cat is morbidly obese. I hate to see that.

MaryL

Hate to tell you this but cats can appear "morbidly obese" and not be
obese. I could look morbidly obese if the camera caught me at the right
angle. I weigh 119 lbs. Hardly what anyone could call obese

Jill

Well, if you take another look at that photo, the cat is clearly overweight.
Granted, camera angles can do strange things to our bodies, but that one is
pretty obvious. The cat is probably "owned" by people who love him/her and
either give lots of treats or permit free-feeding with dry food. That works
with some cats but leads to *fat cats* for others. I'm just speculating her
because I don't know anything about the feeding habits for this cat except
that it is clear that he is eating too much--and my concern is for possible
health issues, not "looks."

MaryL