Old October 3rd 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Copy cat

wrote in message

On Oct 3, 10:02 am, MLB wrote:
Then sometimes they run like the
wind to leave their scents behind. Does anyone else agree with this
thought?

Don't know why through it's apparently normal behaviour according to
some cat books but about half the time after Sarsi has used her box
she gets a major attack of the zoomies

So does Suki (as did Shmogg whislt he was still lively). I always wondered
whether its because they feel so much lighter (the mass of an average cat
poop is a much higher proportion of the cat's weight than it is for us when
we use the litterbox... and so the difference in befor enad after weights
must surely be noticable to the cat) or whether they just want to get the
heck away from that noxious odour as soon as catly possible.

Pickle is discreet and will not go if someone is watching him, unless its an
intentional "I'm crapping here because *you* haven't cleaned the litterbox"
and then he'll drop one whislt staring intently at me. Shmogg was similarly
shy. Suki has no dignity at all (perhaps she's a d*g in cat's clothing?) and
goes whenever she wants - usually when we're just about to tuck into dinner.

And whilst I could never say eau-de-catpoo is a *pleasant* odour, the smell
of Pickle and Shmogg's litterbox offerings was never chokingly aweful. Even
Shadow - when she was her - didn't stink up the whole place, despite the
fact she had chronic diarrhea from stress. But Suki could be used as a
chemical weapon. I have no idea why, they all eat the exact same food, but
Suki's guts should be registered as a weapon of mass destruction. Peee-Yew.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.