Old February 11th 05, 10:27 AM
O J

Lyn wrote:

O J wrote:

I was just playing string games with my Russian Blue female, Natasha.

snip

I think needy starts at birth. My Peewee is the epitome of neediness -
always has been and priobably will be. I indulged him horribly until I
net DH - who is allergic to cats. Then he was banned from the bedroom
(the horror!) and has since gotten over it, but is needy and whiny
still. Funny - he's the second black cat I have had and they were both
like that. Love him to bits, I do.

I don't want to get into the whole "nature vs. nurture" discussion
here (I'd be happy to see it in another thread). Natasha may have
been destined to be a little distant, but I'd still indulge her a lot
more than I did to try to socialize her to her inborn maximum of
interacting with other kitties and with people. She'll always have
all the love she wants. I blame a lot of it on the breeder who didn't
have the decency to let her be part of her litter till she was
properly ready to be weaned by her mother.

Poor little thing overcompensates by overeating too.

Regards and Purrs,
O J