Old February 2nd 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default pride

O. T. looks at Chester and just knows he is going to go on the sled down the
hill and that he will have to do it too, after all, he can't be outdone by
"A girlcat". He walks over to HRH Cleo whispers in her ear and she gives
him a key to the semi truck. O. T. disappears and then is back quickly
carrying kitty coveralls, boots, gloves and a helmet. He looks at Piglet
who nods her approval. He gives the keys back to HRS and then dawns the
gear. Out the door he goes, OOOHHHH it has snowed another couple of inches
so the "hill" is taller. He knows the cats are watching so he grabs a rope
and hauls a sled to the top of the hill, backs up about 20 feet and runs as
fast as he can plops down on the sled and heads down the hill. He was
sailing along great until, like the others he came to the bottom of the hill
and...SWISH suddenly he was airborne! He slammed head first into the same
snowbank the two others had landed in.

He took off the helmet and headed for the house thinking to himself "well,
at least I did it and she can't laugh at me!" " Well maybe cauze I had this
dumb gear on".