Old May 4th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Controlling cats with hissing

"Rhino" wrote in
:

I'm just curious whether anyone else has ever tried hissing at their
cats to make them stop doing something and what, if any results, you
got?

It only works for me if I'm actually angry when I hiss - if I just try to
make the sound, they don't believe it for a minute. But if I'm mad and
hiss at Pi, he goes and hides under the bed. Doc is made of sterner
stuff, but he does back off.

And I think you're right - hissing is kittian for 'Back off! You're about
to get it!'

Chak

--
There is something wonderful in seeing a wrong-headed majority assailed
by truth.