Old August 16th 03, 08:31 PM
Gizmo

Dat waz shur nice, bein wiff yu wen thuh lites wur out. Take a luk now, wiff
all the lites bak on. Wud yu like anuffur drink, or sumfin tu eet?

Gizmo

Gizmo, how did y'all (including Meowmie) fare during the blackout? I was
thinking of you kitties. I think the last time that Spook posted was on
the 13th, which, IIRC, was the day before the blackout, correct?

--- Unca Cory

Datz rite, Unka Cory. We cats got our fud an water, an mom spent lotsa time
wiff me on thuh bed. But she kept skwirtin hurself wiff sparkly water, wich waz
furry stranj. Az long az she dint skwirt me.

shy liddle Gizmo, from a distance

It was awful! I enjoyed the last two major blackouts, cause I was much younger
and circumstances were different. But this time my major concern was the cats,
and I didn't know in time that the water would go off, and I had just one gallon
bottled water, and several bottles of seltzer. Eventually, I talked someone
into bringing more water up.... 19 floors, in the dark, and hot. I paid him
well. And then a good friend brought up more water and some rations.

My neighborhood was one of the last to regain power, just before 30 hours.
There was incredible loud cheering at the second the lights returned. Cold
water was back an hour later. Still waiting (3:30 pm) for hot water. Washed my
hair this morning with cold water.

Kami, feeling more comfortable now

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com