Old February 6th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Meow, said the cat...

John had a light day today so I went with him and waited in the car
while he did his one stop, then we went to the banks and reshuffled a
bit more money in the accounts... we were home by two so after lunch
he lay down to snooze and I played Bubbels on the computer. About five
o'clock I thought that it was a shame that we were in different rooms
so I went to lie down too... one thing led to another and we were
having a fine old time when I said 'I'd better shut the door just in
case anyone can see in from the front' - it's not really viewable, but
we don't have a blind on the square bit of glass in the door and you
can see the kitchen and corridor if you look in. I don't worry about
it if it's twilight or dark, but it was still full daylight outside...
So I closed the door and I was just getting into the mood when I heard
a noise in the corridor - Meow? (meaning 'why is the bedroom door
closed Meowmie? Aren't you going to fix it?') I ignored it and kept on
snuggling... a few minutes later 'Meow?! ('Aren't you going to open it
and let me in?) Meow?! (Well?! I'm waiting...) MEOW!!!' (LET ME IN
RIGHT NOW!) She kept this up for five minutes until I said 'she's not
going to give us any peace until we let her in, darling'... I got up
and opened the bedroom door and saw her sitting outside. I said 'well,
come on in if you're going to' and she sniffed at the doorframe and
stuck her head in and eventually walked all of two feet into the
bedroom. Then she sat there for a minute, turned around and walked
out, leaving us both laughing and entirely out of the mood, and her
job apparantly done.

I guess Silver doesn't want a baby sister around to take the attention
away from her...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life