Old September 5th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Outdoor enclosures?

On 5 Sep, 19:21, "Mark G." wrote:
Good morning.

I would appreciate any resources that folks here can share regarding outdoor
cat enclosures. I am interested in manufactured enclosures, and especially
interested in plans or ideas for building one myself.

Thanks
-Mark

Hi Mark,
Where abouts are you situated? (ie: USA, UK ,Europe ect?)
If in the UK, I can supply you with some links for the UK, but if you
are in the USA, perhaps others here would be in a better position to
advise you.
I have recently started making one for our cats & I got some really
good ideas from others who have made their own enclosures both in UK &
USA. I will pass on some of the links that gave me some inspiration.
If you are able to build some of it yourself, it reduces the cost
considerable too.

This happens to be my personal favorite as it shows how it was built
over time in stages:

http://www.littlemanraffles.co.uk/

This is also a fairly comprehensive guide & has loads of different
ideas too:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/enclosures.html

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/catrun.htm

http://www.purrfectfence.com/outdoor_cat_enclosures.asp

http://www.catterydesign.com/links/s...catfencing.php

http://groups.msn.com/KittyCaretaker...to&PhotoID=497

http://groups.msn.com/OurCatsOnline/...38075605983479

http://groups.msn.com/OurCatsOnline/...38075434402717

These come from a member of this group, who helped to build a run for
her daughters cats.
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/room1.jpg

http://members.aol.com/sriddles/room2.jpg

I hope that these links might be of some help to you. If I know where
you live, I could probably help with further information, but this
should be enough to give you something to start with. Goof Luck with
your project, & please do take your vet's advice because it really is
a much better idea than allowing them to roam, as I learned to our
detriment. ( our cat was shot @ with a BB gun(

Sheelagh"o"