Old September 6th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Outdoor enclosures?

"Mark G." wrote in message
Good morning.

I would appreciate any resources that folks here can share regarding
outdoor cat enclosures. I am interested in manufactured enclosures, and
especially interested in plans or ideas for building one myself.

Thanks
-Mark

I do not have any experience with enclosures, but I started keeping a list
of both enclosures and fencing some time ago because several people have
asked similar questions. Here is the information I have in my computer file
(some of which could be out of date by now). I apologize for all the
references to barriers to keep a cat in, which is not what you requested,
but you might be able to get some ideas even from those pages.
Design for do-it-yourself barrier to mount on top of fence (to keep cats
in):

http://www.lisaviolet.com/cathouse/backyard.html

Outdoor fence enclosure (several views):

http://www.just4cats.com/

http://www.just4cats.com/post1.html

http://www.just4cats.com/page7.html

A guide to inexpensive do-it-yourself fencing:

http://www.feralcat.com/fence.html

Cat fence-in containment system:

http://www.catfencein.com/

http://www.fabcats.org

(includes an information sheet that can be downloaded)

"Friendly Fence": web site says it is virtually invisible

www.friendlyfence.com

Pictures from readers of "Cat Fancy" showing enclosures they have built:

http://www.animalnetwork.com/cats/enclosure.asp

Other ideas for outdoor fencing for cats:

http://www.just4cats.com/page7.html

http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-worldenclosures.htm

http://www.lisaviolet.com/cathouse/backyard.html

KittyKlips - addition to existing wood fence to prevent cats from climbing
[note: but would not prevent cats on "other" side of fence from getting in]:

http://kittyklips.com/details.htm

Cat enclosure made of planks and netting:

http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-worldenclosures.htm

Modular cat enclosures:

http://www.catnip.com.au/

Flippy's page: