Old July 31st 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default PING THE GROUP about the get together

"Adrian" wrote in message
om
kilikini wrote:
Matthew wrote:
I just made some suggestion to Charleen vie email basically here is
the blunt of it

Here is some ideas for the get together any where from Nov 2009
to Jan 2010. This is out of hurricane season and gin into the off
season and the cooler weather of Florida

That should give everyone plenty of time to get money saved up and
for our across the pond friends get their travel papers in order

Would you be willing to share a room with another person?

Are physical able are you to do things? If we go to a theme park
they are the size of a small town.

What type of restrictions are you under? food, activity ect

How many people would be coming with you?

I made the suggestion before about going to the Tampa tiger rescue
for the day. But any one else with ideas please pipe in we were
looking about the get together to be here in Florida but Charleen
mentioned maybe some one knows a great place that we all can gather
at.

For me I was thinking people come in Saturday thru Monday. Monday
night have a dinner at the hotel or some where nice maybe a standing
buffet so all of us can socialize. WE will make sure that nothing
gets schedule early in the morning since if it goes as the event did
last time none of us will be in bed before 5 am

Tuesday and Wednesday we can schedule events such as the tiger
rescue and maybe the theme parks since at this time the weather
is nice about 55-85 degrees no humidity we can do a lot of things

For the rest of the week the cruise was mention People can join
the cruise for a 3 day event and be able to fly out on Sunday
we can have events planned for the rest of the week

If you have any thought pipe them in. Help us out here

Between me , Charleen, Helen and a few others we are going to have
our hands full

Has the location definitely been determined to be Orlando? If so, my
husband and I can possibly hook up with the group on Saturday or
Sunday because Orlando's only about an hour and a half away. If you
go to the Tiger rescue at some point during the week, my husband will
be working, but I'd *love* to go. I live only about 45 mintues to an
hour from the rescue, I just have no way to get there. I know it's
still early in the game, though. We'll figure things out as people
speak out. :~)
kili

If I'm able to make the trip I'd almost certainly be hiring a car,
I'm sure someone would be able to take you.

Unless something dramatic happens with our finances between now and then, we
won't be going. So far I have no sponsors to go slap Granby with a haddock,
so even that funding option is out :-)

Of course, if something miraculous *does* happen, we'd *love* to be there!

Yowie