Old August 30th 13, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Traveling with a cat

Pangur Ban wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Graham" wrote:

My friends sold their house and took a motor home all over the
country. Their cat got quite used to it. Also, I have known people
who sailed all over the world with their cats on board. They too,
got used to the sailing life and were quite comfortable on board for
hours on end. All cats really need is food, water, a nice place to
sleep, and your love.

Thanks so much for responding. I am interested in how many hours per
day others' cats tolerate being in the car between stops for the
night. A motor home or a sailboat would help, but my cat has to ride
in a carrier without food, water, or potty breaks.

Cats, like dogsd, don;t like being trapped in a carrier. Can't you let it
wander around in the back seat while you are on the road? My cat used to
ride on the rear deck, and look out the rear window. And what's wrong with a
bowl of cool water for company? Cats like to be part of the family, and do
what everyone else does.