Old March 15th 11, 11:33 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

Default pet food cattle??? (was: Goo Was Pretending....)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:50:22 -0400, sighthounds & siberians wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:52:08 -0700, dh@. wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:26:10 +0000, Derek wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:22:35 -0700, dh@. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:18:08 +0000, Derek wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:03:10 -0800, dh@. wrote:

Also it
seems fairly clear that Goo believes some cattle are specifically raised to be
pet food but are not raised that long, though he hasn't been able to provide any
more examples of it than "Derek".

If you're trying to claim that the purchase of pet food
doesn't increase the number of cattle going to slaughter,
vegan cat owners will be able to claim no animals
were killed for the production of their purchase.

There are probably no cattle raised for pet food
So you can relax....people don't contribute to life and death
for cattle by buying cat food.

Gee, thanks Dave.

You're welcome. If this really eases your mind a bit you might even consider
buying some cage free eggs for them too, while you're still thinking somewhat
flexibly. Then you would be contributing to life for laying hens which I guess
you would not want to do, BUT!, at least it would be contribution to a decent
farming method that could use all the support it can get because it's not as
practical as the damned nasty cage method. You could pull the yolks out and
scramble up some nice cage free eggs and by that be giving the kitties a nice
treat and actually contributing to something good for farm animals too. ¦¬)

Maybe you guys could remove rpdhealth from your crossposting.

Tell us why we should bow down to you as our accepted net nanny.