Old June 2nd 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
[email protected]

Default OT - Ok brush your teeth with baking soda

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Toothpaste Containing Poison Is Found in U.S.

By WALT BOGDANICH
Published: June 2, 2007
Consumers were advised on Friday to discard all toothpaste made in China
after federal health officials said they found Chinese-made toothpaste
containing a poison related to a chemical used in antifreeze in three
locations ? Miami, the Port of Los Angeles and Puerto Rico.

And keep it away from your pets!! That stuff tastes good, so if they
found it in the trash, they might want to eat it.

Notice that none of the companies selling this stuff has offered to give
consumers a refund for the tainted toothpaste. We're just supposed to
dump it out and eat the cost?

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the affected companies/products?
I use Tom's of Maine toothpaste, which I trust, but you never know. I
don't want the itchmo home page, but if you have a link *directly* to that
list, then I'd like to see it. Otherwise, it's no help - I've already
been to itchmo, and didn't find it.

Thanks,
Joyce