Old June 4th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
.._..

Default OT - Ok brush your teeth with baking soda

Joyce

Well, I feel a little foolish saying this, but so far it seems to be
limited
to a few off-brands sold at dollar stores in the south, but I'd be very
surprised if that doesn't spread, like the pet food recall.

This seems to be a "disagreement" between the manufacturer/Chinese
government
(maybe?) about whether or not diethylene glycol is harmful or not.
Huge problem with this way of thinking, and I may never eat Chinese food
again.

There's more he

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01646.html

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Yes, it is limited off brands. However, the Chinese have _zero_ effective
product safety laws. Every once in a while they shoot some guy for being
corrupt and skirting the few that there are for bribes. But as you know,
there's always someone else waiting to take their place.

Talk to a few people from mainland China. The ones I have listened to say
you are out of your mind to use or consume any product from the mainland.
The pet food and toothpaste is only the tip of the iceburg.