Old July 10th 17, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

Never say never. After 10 long years, my hard-core feral appears
to be softening up to me. Early on, I began singing (badly) to
her because it visibly relaxed her. Over the last month or so,
she has started coming around me while I am in my computer
chair. I can usually gently grab her tail as she goes by, but
even slight petting has occurred. Amazing. After living with the
feral animal for 10 years. Of course I could be wrong, about a
month or two more should tell.

Something weird... Not sure if I read it in this group or on the
Internet somewhere, but... Someone wrote about their cat's fur
being matted, and I think they said it fell off in clumps and
their cat's disposition changed for the better. That fur thing
happened here recently to the hard-core feral. There were maybe
three or four clumps total that fell off of her. I was afraid
she had some serious problem, but the fur is growing back. It
was matted hard, clumped. And her mood change corresponds to
that. But after 10 years? LOL

Of course I could never tell much of what was going on with her
since I could not even get close, let alone touch.

Whatever the cause. Yea.