Old August 1st 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Smokey likes steak

On 7/30/2018 5:42 PM, Tina wrote:
On 30/07/2018 01:30, Bill Stock wrote:
ter on the bed (dead to the world), but when she smelt something
cooking she would show up downstairs. If we were cooking something

My new girls will not eat anything except Royal Canin, I assume they
were reared on it, as showgirls.Â* I've tried wet, no way. So RC it is.
The Persian one.Â* I tried them with a tina of human-type tuna when it
was their birthday, They were horrified, said "No, get real, meowmie!"

Persia (RB) was allegedly half Russian Blue. She turned her nose up at
human-type tuna. Then again, she turned her nose up at most *fishy* cat
food, canned or dry.

Persia did steal a hamburger off my plate once. Just the meat. I'd
grilled some hamburgers on the back patio. I brought them inside, set
the plate in the kitchen. I prepared myself a burger sandwich.

I set my plate with the burger on a toasted bun on the coffee table on a
tray. That was to be my dinner. I had potato chips on the side of the
plate. I realized I'd forgotten a napkin. I wasn't gone more than 30
seconds and only a few steps away.

The burger was gone. The bun was still there. So were the chips.
Persia cat-burgled only the burger. LOL

Odd thing. The beef burgers when this happened contained chopped button
mushrooms, diced water chestnuts and teriyaki sauce. A little
cornstarch to hold the mixture together. Quite tasty.

Tasty enough for Persia the Thief to have stolen it right off the
toasted hamburger bun when I turned my back.

Jill