Old August 2nd 18, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Smokey likes steak

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 4:50:18 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 7/29/2018 8:30 PM, Bill Stock wrote:

(snippage)

Cleo (RB) was pretty traditional when it came to cat food and she has less of a taste for people food. But one day she was on my desk while I was eating breakfast and she was convinced she wanted some of my Tea. So when the cup was almost empty I put it down beside her. She tried sticking her head in the cup, but her tongue couldn't reach the liquid she desired. I started laughing at her and got the cat look of death. She stuck her paw in the cup and started licking the Tea off her paw. I don't think she really wanted the tea at that point, it was more a mater of cat pride. The look on her face as she casually licked the Tea off her paw was priceless. I could hear her muttering #$&^%* stupid human. :-)

LOLOL! I now she was thinking, "You made me work that hard for this?!"

Jill

Yeah, I take cream in my Tea, but it's the way I was raised. I remember having the large 4-square saltines in sweet tea as dessert at my grandmothers. I guess that's why I love Masala Chai.

Smokey is the only dairy cat we had, the others turned their nose up at Milk and Cheese. She would even eat Blue Cheese at one time. But one day a few weeks ago she stopped Milk cold turkey. I guess she's watching her figure; more likely it was bothering her tummy in her old age. So I'm not sure why Cleo wanted the tea, it was not for the Milk.