Old July 24th 05, 04:42 AM
Singh

Default Benefits for Dummies

No, not Idiot Insurance.

Louei and I have been bouncing about the idea of doing a benefit for a
struggling shelter, Tenth Chance, the people who gave us our dear little
(well, not so little now) Brandy. These poor people have a mountain of vet
bills over 3 grand, so now the vet won't give service to newly surrendered
cats until they get the bill chewn up. Not to mention food and litter, etc.
They don't have their own building, just volunteer foster-people like our
dear friend Marilyn and others who are knee-deep in cats; and Alexis still
has not found a home, so Marilyn keeps the poor little playful girl in her
own bedroom, away from the other cats.

How on earth do you arrange a benefit? Other shelters here like Ten Lives
have got more resources, they have two buildings dedicated to cats and a
network of both foster-homes and businesses who make huge contributions. All
we can do is maybe get the place where we do karaoke to do something, but
the bar is kind of a dive; good food though, but I don't know if it's enough
to get some serious cash raised. If any of you out there have ever done such
a thing, whether it be for cats or Girl Scouts or whatever, please enlighten
me, because these folks need help, and I'm stumped.

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,