Old March 14th 04, 03:44 PM

Research a product called Feliway (http://feliway.com/)

I think it might just work for this cat given the situation she lives in. Be
aware that it is fairly costly but seems worth a try to me.

wrote in message

Maybe take a spray bottle full of water
and when you see her peeing anywhere
outside the litter box, give her a
spray. Do this EVERYTIME you see her
doing it

This is the most idiotic advice I've
seen in awhile. The poor cat is already
stressed and punishing her for doing
what is a natural bodily function will
just make her MORE stressed and force
her to be more secretive about where and
when she urinates.

but if she makes it to the litter box,
don't spray her.

Gee, if the OP is in view of the cat
when it's using the box (as she would
have to be in order to know the cat is
using the box), and the cat is already
associating her with being YELLED AT and
now being punished with a spray bottle
as well the poor cat will decide the
litterbox is the last place she wants to
be and find somewhere else to pee.

Eventually when she gets tired of
getting wet everytime she tries it,
she'll know that she shouldn't do it
anymore.

No, she'll just be miserable and find
other places to pee. Yelling at and
punishing this cat in any way, shape, or
form will NOT work and will only make
things worse.

Megan

nothing."