Old October 30th 12, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

Default The Jellicle Ball begins

On Oct 30, 5:54*am, Amelia T Cat wrote:
A teleporter arrives out jumps a black cat, and a human dressed in a
white lab coat more or less stumbles out. The first cat they run into
directs them to the large garden and to the Guestbook.

"Good evening I'd like to sign in I'm Timari's Black Mystique, House
of Ruskin, and this slightly green looking fellow is Dr. Ruskin.
Second can you tell me where I can find Amelia so I can stash "Dr.
Ruskin" in his "House of Horrors Laboratory". I also need to find some
cat who has some of that Special Mint Tea, least Dr. Ruskin ends up on
a slab -- he simply does not teleport well, and I almost had to drag
him here, as it was I had to cast a spell and he walked docile like a
lamb into the teleporter"?

Misty looks around and senses there is something wrong. The castle
while all lit up, is cold and uninviting with its cold stone. "Oh"!!
Closing her eyes and weaving back and forth, out of nowhere burst
streamers and bunting in colors of BLACK and ORANGE. Misty opens her
eyes and is pleased with her work, but feels something is still
missing. Misty once again closes her eyes and weaves back and forth,
now a Giant Banner in BLACK with ORANGE lettering suddenly appears
right over the Guestbook Sign-in area. The Banner reads, *"WELCOME TO
THE 17th ANNUAL JELLICLE BALL". "That looks MUCH better", Misty
mumbles to herself, an heads off to find Amelia and the purveyor of
the Special Mint Tea -- Bobcat certainly looks the roll if nothing
else.

Welcome, both of you! Bobcat, here comes Sammy pushing a tea cart with
a big pot of the special mint tea - it will help you feel much better.

Misty, all of the cushions are arranged out in the garden. You're
welcome to find one that appeals to you. Bobcat, we some special
human-sized cushions and chairs in the garden as well. I've got a nice
comfortable one set up next to my cushion, so you're welcome to sit
with me if you'd like.

Amelia

"Amelia, I'm not sure if I've met you before or not. The last time was
some 3 years ago when I came here for Phantom's memorial, but I
appreciate your generosity. I understand that this year the Jellicle
Ball is a 3 day event extending all the way through Halloween. Misty
did something to Calypso -- my Service Dog -- and he fell into a deep
sleep. It seems my dear Misty can do some remarkable things each time
the Moon become Full, and it creates chaos in my house. I most
sincerely appreciate your kindness. I found that that Special Mint Tea
worked wonders. Misty wanted me to come for the Halloween Special
Jellicle Ball. After my stomach and head calm down a bit I'm ready to
do my "Mad Scientist" bit." As to Misty... she likewise is most
appreciative as well. While I was not looking towards the teleporter
trip, I am glad Misty "purrsuaded" -- mugged -- me to attend this
Jellicle Ball / Halloween Party, I sure would not want to miss it."

Bobcat