Old October 6th 14, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Weasel

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 09:39:43 -0400, wrote:

Weasel is leaving us. Weasel is a gray tabby, age 19. He has been in
decline for months, losing weight and growing progressively weaker.
Nothing specific, just the ravages of time. He stopped eating days ago
and now can't stand. If he is still with us in the morning, it will be
time for a last ride to the vet.

He was our very first rescue. He was feral and bonded only with my
wife so we were never able to find a home for him. For his entire life
he treated me like I was about to eat him and only the last few months
did he deign to sit on the arm of my chair and let me pet him.

He's gone. He slept all day just a few feet from my chair. About
10:30pm he simply slipped away. There was no cry nor any sign of
discomfort. We should all go so quietly.