Old May 5th 04, 12:54 PM
Wendy

"LITTLEMISSCONNIE" wrote in message
He does not have siezures and he does not have any problem urinating at

all.
He goes like there is no tomorrow. He is just arthritic and old. He has
always been taken to the vet in the past. This cat is my mom's and the

vet
here knows about his past. He just hasn't been seen in a while.

It's probably time for a visit then. Peeing a river isn't normal.

The falling down could be because of the arthritis. Make sure the claws are
kept clipped so that they are less likely to stick in the carpet.

The cat should also see the vet for the arthritis. They can prescribe
cosequin which can help long term. Our vet gave us arnica montana for
Tigger's arthritis and it got her through the winter. She was in so much
pain she wasn't able to walk and was having trouble getting to the litter
box. The arnica gave her quite a bit of relief from the pain and doesn't
have detrimental side effects that some other medications do. I have also
heard that acupuncture can give cats a lot of relief from arthritic pain.
There are other options for pain management but must be discussed with a
vet.

Bottom line. Take kitty to the vet and discuss these concerns with them. The
cat might not have to be suffering like this.