Old August 16th 03, 07:48 AM
Yowie

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
"Hopitus2" wrote in message
The personnel would go out of their minds with frustration in south

Florida
these days during the August "dog days". Most people here avert their

eyes
so as not to spy what you Brits would call other folks' exposed "bits"

not
covered by revealing attire.

Yeah, I can only imagine what a heart attack they'd have in California,

LOL!

Ain't that the truth. When we have our over 100 degree days lots of us

tend to
forget that our "at home" attire might not be entirely appropriate in

public. To the
extent that what is considered appropriate is changing.

The only rule that seems to apply at all is "no shoes, no shirt, no

service"

Now I'm sure lots of you will tell me I should not be driving barefoot,

but it is at
least as safe as driving in sandals or flip flops. I've done it all my

life. And
have to remember that I can't go in stores that way. Also have to

remember that some
tops that can be worn without a bra at home, can't at the grocery store.

Pubs and clubs (ie, pubs with membership requirements) tend to have dress
codes, but supermarkets? Never heard of such a thing. Heck, going barefoot
in summer is so common here, I don't think anyone would look twice. Ditto
with going braless (OK, some people like Dave might look twice, and then a
third, and then get hit by their wives/girlfriends) and even a bikini top
and shorts is perfectly fine for summer wear in supermarkets here. So are
work overalls, come to think of it, anythin goes really. - as long as the
pink bits are covered, no-one really cares.

Yowie