Old June 10th 12, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_4_]

Default New cat

Tibb, the cat that was lost for 10 days in FL, went to the rainbow
bridge about a month ago. Even friends said they still feel his
presence in our house. But I really wanted another to take his place.
We spent a day looking at 3 animal humane societies, and found a
beautiful 1 year old 7lb cat that had been brought in as a stray. He
had no name so we named him Leo. It is really a change going from a 17
yr. old to a 1 yr. old. He looks like a miniature Maine coon cat. In
the evening he comes out to get petted, eat, etc. but during the day he
hides. The hiding bothers me a bit.

It is obvious that this was a well trained cat. We told the Humane
Society that if anyone comes in looking, give them our phone. I don't
want to take someone else's cat if they still want it. The man there
said that less than 5% ever come to claim a lost pet. That seems so
strange.